Thursday, February 26, 2009

Sunshine

After few weeks of final examination, I had nothing to do now. Instead of playing computer or reading novels, I decided to do nothing, just sitting in front of the window. I saw many cars passing by and even rubbish. While I was staring at the tree, suddenly a light ray was reflected to my eyes by the mirror of the car, I started to think..

When I was a kid, I hated sunshine. I didnt like the feeling of sweating. Because I was living in a small village, without the facilities, the only way I go to school, is by walking. Without sunshine, I didnt need to bring a big and ugly umbrella to school. I always get furious when i splashed the small water pond on the road. Other than that, my dad was a raincoat seller. After raining, he would buy me an ice cream. Therefore, every night before sleep, I would pray to God so that tomorrow would rain to fulfill my greediness on food.

If I was a grass, what is my opinion toward sunshine? The answer is, I definitely need it. As an autotroph, I need to produce my own food. In the process of photosynthesis, sunlight is a must. To prevent myself from wilting, I had to compete with other plants to absorb more sunlight. Hence, sunshine was my best friend. If I lost my best friend, I couldnt imagine what would happen to me.

Suddenly, my mind jumped to a yellowish scene. In my eyes, I could only saw the colour of yellow. Sunshine is yellow, the sand is yellow too. Ah! I was locating in a desert. I thought I should hurry up and run out of this place. After walking for few miles, I felt that I was desperated for water and exhausted. I just hope that i would have a jug of water and the sunshine would rather leave me alone.

As I wish, the surrounding started to become dimmer, many huge trees were surrounding me. Since the transformation earlier, I quickly looked what I had turned into. Wow! So cute, I was a mushroom now. Sunshine? What is that? Should I know him? I think i had no deal with him since that I had never seen him before.

"Bang!" My mom slammed the door. This thwarted me in continueing my dream. I think I might got dozed off. By looking at the stern look of my mom, I think I'd better clean up the mess in my room..


*Does the topic seem familiar to you? Does it recall you memory?
Ya.. This is the composition that Hkf and I wrote during form 4.
I got the comment from Mr Lu : Interesting shift of perspective.
I was so excited that day since that I got all the good and encouraging comment.
I knew my english is so poor, so I knew I'll never get the high mark without the creative of mine. Hehe.
I had modified my grammar and some phrase because I noticed that my composition sounded rather childish.
Xj said I was so lame to type the composition in blog. But she never know how much this composition meant to me..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home